Answered By: Elizabeth Gillespie Last Updated: Feb 13, 2017 Views: 59
DISCOVER includes content from as many sources of information as possible, including:
- The University of Liverpool Library Catalogue
- Printed books from the University's Special Collections and Archives
- Publisher-Provided Searching Files. This is content supplied by major publishers and includes journals, books, proceedings and more. Publishers include:
- Taylor & Francis
- Nature Publishing
- and thousands of others
- EBSCO’s premier aggregated databases: Academic Search Complete (title list available) and Business Source Complete (title list available).
- Over 300 Partner Databases, that give permission to include their metadata in DISCOVER. Examples include:
- and many others
- Subject Indexes, for example:
- America: History & Life
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
- MLA International Bibliography
- and more
Access to the full text of content found through DISCOVER depends on the University owning (via subscription or purchase) that title, or a resource containing that title.
A basic DISCOVER search is limited to items held at Liverpool. Expand searches to find content more widely by deselecting the ‘Library Collections’ that appears under ‘Limiters’ on the left hand side of the screen when viewing results.
Our subject guides list the range of databases that we have for each subject.