Answered By: Robert Cole
Last Updated: Apr 26, 2017     Views: 75

You should have your ID card with you at all times, to enable access not just to the Library but to other University buildings and facilities. If you lose it you should apply for a new one.

If you do forget your card though, as long as you have a Managed Windows Service username and password you can self-issue a temporary day pass in the Harold Cohen and Sydney Jones Libraries. This allows you access to the Library until 6am the next day. This pass is issued from a kiosk in the ground floor Reception area in either Library. You can request a maximum of 15 temporary passes per academic year. 

If you can't find your ID card use the virtual ID card to pass through our entry and exit turnstiles by scanning your phone.

Please note that to ensure consistency and security of our services, we do not allow anyone to borrow without their card. A temporary pass cannot be used for borrowing. We will, however, put a book on one side for you for 24 hours, so that you can borrow it when you have your card. 

While the temporary pass is active your normal staff/student ID card is deactivated, and if you find it you will not be able to use it in the Library for the rest of the day. You can only issue one temporary pass per day so you should take care not to lose it. If you lose your temporary pass, entry to the Library is discretionary and will be noted as a cardless visit on your Library record.

A temporary pass will not be issued if you have a block on your library record, either a Finance or Visa block, or a Library block due to unpaid debts or unreturned items.

If you are a new student and do not yet have your University ID card you may still be able to self-issue a temporary pass, which is valid until the next day, if you cannot do this please speak to library staff.

If you are a Visitor, Sconul Access or Alumni member of the Library and you have forgotten your card please speak to a member of staff at the Help Desk. 

Comments (0)

Related Questions