Answered By: Robert Cole Last Updated: Apr 26, 2017 Views: 250
There are a number of things you can do to make sure you return your books on time:
- Always take and keep the receipt when you self-issue. It gives the return date for your books.
- Check My Library Record regularly; it lists all your items and the return dates.
- Check your University email regularly. We send a courtesy notice three days before items are due for return (except 1-day and 3-day loan items). We also send overdue notices to this email, and notification of books that are recalled, which may have changed the return date.
- We will email you as soon as an item is late. Return the item as soon as possible to keep your fine low.
- Get in touch using one of the Contact Us options if you have a problem paying your fines or visiting the Library to discuss your options.
Please note that for standard and 7-day loan items fines are now only charged when items are in demand and have been recalled. However, it is still important that you take the steps above to ensure that your books do not go overdue.