Answered By: Jane Cooke Last Updated: Feb 03, 2016 Views: 181
You account may be blocked because you have exceeded the maximum downloads permitted. This can though sometimes happen as a result of legitimate use of the electronic library. As a precaution, it is recommended that you can change your MWS password.
There are workarounds to access library e-resources on and off campus, if ever there is a problem with EZproxy:
- Remove .liverpool.idm.oclc.org from the URL (or omit the http://liverpool.idm.oclc.org/login?url= prefix, if the link is constructed that way.
- You may have to do this more than once, as many of our systems are designed to insert the EZproxy part of the URL
- Search online for the resource you want to avoid having EZproxy in the URL
- Login to Apps Anywhere
- Launch Internet Explorer or Firefox from the Web folder
- Follow the advice above as for on-campus students