Answered By: Jane Cooke Last Updated: Sep 24, 2015 Views: 83
Yes. The University of Liverpool holds an NLA (Newspaper Licensing Agency) Licence, which allows members of University staff to make copies of cuttings from newspapers either for their own work-related use or for that of their colleagues, or to distribute them to students for educational and instructional purposes.
In short, the licence will allow the following;
- Photocopy cuttings;
- Distribute photocopied cuttings to other members of staff or to students;
- Include photocopied cuttings in course-packs or hand-outs;
- Make temporary digital versions of cuttings (i.e. scan them);
- Provide hyperlinks to other members of staff or to students which will direct them to temporary digital cuttings (e.g. so that each recipient may print out a copy);
- Include temporary digital cuttings in PowerPoint slides and display them to other members of staff or to students.