Answered By: Andrew Willan Last Updated: Sep 10, 2018 Views: 1549
The borrowing period/return dates of loanable items in the Library can be identified through the following:
In addition, items borrowed on an Inter-Library Loan are issued with a date of return slip included.
Some books, journals, DVDs and any other loanable items not issued on an Inter-Library Loan are colour-coded with labels to indicate different borrowing periods.
The Library uses the following coloured labels:
- RED - 1 day short loan items (overnight or weekend loan only).
- GREEN - 3 day (Restricted) loans
- BLUE - 7 day loans
- ORANGE / YELLOW - Library/Reference Use only items.
- Standard loan period items don't have labels and are dependent on user category:
|Member category||Standard loan period|
|Alumni & Sconul||2 weeks|
|Undergraduate & Continuing Education||3 weeks|
|Taught Postgraduate||4 weeks|
|Research Postgraduate||1 year from date of issue|
|Staff||1 year from date of issue|
Students with additional needs have the following borrowing arrangements:
- Short Loans will issue for 3 days
- 3 day loans will issue for 7 days
- 7 day loans will issue for 3 weeks
For other users, check the printed or emailed receipts you receive when borrowing items, check your Library account or speak to a member of staff.
You can renew 3 day, 7 day and standard loan items online, by telephone or in person if another user has not placed a reservation on a particular item. Renewals cannot be made beyond the maximum renewal limit.
1 day (short loan) items cannot be renewed as these items are in heavy demand.
If in doubt please get in touch via the Contact Us box or speak to a member of staff.