Answered By: Gwen Jones Last Updated: Oct 04, 2017 Views: 583
Fines are only payable on standard and 7-day loan items when the item is overdue and has been reserved by another Library customer.
Overdue reserved books - £1 per day
For other items the charges are:
Short loan - £1 immediate fine and £1 per day thereafter
Equipment e.g. head phones - £1 immediate fine and £1 per day thereafter
Laptops - £1 immediate fine and £1 per hour thereafter up to a maximum of £5 per loan
- If your fines exceed £10 you can no longer borrow or renew until the fine is cleared or reduced.
Non-reserved items that are overdue:
- Although there are no fines for unreserved items, we ask that Library customers monitor their loans regularly through My Library Account, and renew items as they become due. This is important so that you are aware if an item you have on loan has been reserved. Please return items as soon as you have finished with them, so they are available to others.
- A Courtesy notice is sent the day before the item is due back to remind you to return or renew.
- You will receive overdue notices if items are not returned or renewed. You can renew overdue items through My Library Account for up to 28 days after the book is due.
- If items are not renewed or returned after 28 days, you will receive an emailed invoice. You will be unable to borrow or renew any further items, and a standard replacement charge of £50 per item will be added to your library account. These charges will be removed when you return the items. If you cannot return the items please contact us immediately. If they have been lost we can advise you of the exact replacement cost.
- If you do not respond to the emailed invoice, a letter will be posted to your address.
- Before you graduate you must return all your library books and settle any outstanding fees. Failure to do so may result in details of the debt being passed to the University Fees Office.