Answered By: Andrew Willan
Last Updated: Aug 16, 2018     Views: 62

Research Postgraduates and University Research staff are the only categories of library user permitted to use the Researcher Reading Room in the Sydney Jones Library. If you are eligible to use the room you need to apply in person at the HelpDesk beforehand. Once applications are received and accepted, your ID card is swipe activated to allow you access. Without this, or if you are any other category of library user (taught postgraduates / Masters students, undergraduates, alumni etc.) access will not be possible.

If you have applied for access and your card is still not activated within 5 days, or your access has been suddenly denied, please report this to a member of Enquiry Services on the HelpDesk. We will contact the University's Campus Support Team who will investigate why this is the case and either re-activate your card or specify why there is a problem ie. card expiry / wrong card being used / any other issue with you accessing other buildings and car parks on-campus.

If there are issues with your card you can also visit the Campus Support Team office, Ground Floor, Bedford House, Oxford Street (weekdays 8.30AM-4.30PM; building 505 in grid D4 on the Campus Map). 


Comments (0)

Related Questions