Answered By: Nadia Woods Last Updated: Jan 08, 2021 Views: 164
The library is still here for you but some of our services may look a little different at the moment.
For details about all of our resources and services, visit Getting Started With the Library.
For full details about using the library during the national lockdown, please see What does the national lockdown mean for using the Library?
These books can be requested for use in the library.
- Search the Library Catalogue for the item(s) you wish to reserve and check if there are any printed copies available.
- Reference (Library Use Only) copies are listed as USE IN LIBRARY ONLY and cannot be taken out of the building.
- When you find the item(s) you want, click the 'Reserve for Click & Collect' button at the top of the screen and log in. You'll be asked to create a PIN if you've not logged in before.
Items are retrieved from the shelves 3 or 4 times a day. You should request your material in advance to allow it to be retrieved in time for your visit.
You will receive an email when your items are ready to collect.
We'll hold on to your reservations for three working days before making them available for other people to request.
- You can only book this desk via the link in the email you received telling you your item was ready for you.
- The consultation desk can be booked between 10am and 9pm Monday to Friday and 12pm and 4:45pm Saturday & Sunday.
- The desk is in the ground floor social area of the Abercromby Wing. It is desk number 2 labelled as “Click & Collect Consultation Desk”
- Reference items should only be used at this consultation desk.
- All material will be collected by staff before 9pm on week days or 4:45pm weekends.
- When you arrive at the Sydney Jones Library go to the Click and Collect area in the Library Café, located on the left immediately after entering the building.
- Click and Collect is open 10 am - 9 pm weekdays, 12 – 4:45 pm weekends
- Staff will check your ID card, then locate and issue your item(s).
- They will then take the item(s) on a trolley to the consultation desk for you to use.
- You can leave your item(s) on the trolley when you have finished using them.
- Staff will come and collect material and return it to the Click and Collect area.
- All material will be collected by 9pm on week days or 4:45pm weekends.
- Items will stay on your library account for 3 days while they are quarantined before they are returned to the shelves.
If you need any help with using the service or experience any problems such as any technical difficulties, you can chat with us or send us an email.