Answered By: Gwen Jones Last Updated: Mar 07, 2016 Views: 1043
The library is still here for you but some of our services may look a little different at the moment.
For details about all of our resources and services, visit Getting Started With the Library.
For full details about using the library during the national lockdown, please see What does the national lockdown mean for using the Library?
The Book and Copy Delivery Service is a means by which the Library will post books held in stock and copies of journal articles or book chapters directly to your home or work address. This service is free of charge for staff and students of the University.
We aim to supply within 5 working days of receipt of your request, excluding weekends and University closed days.
Check the Library Catalogue to see whether the item you want is available. Overnight/weekend, 3 and 7 day loans are exempt from the delivery service. Books sent on loan will be issued to your library record.
We can supply articles subject to copyright limits i.e. only one article from the same issue of a journal.
You can return your items in person.
If you reside in the UK, you can also return your books in the post using our 48 hrs Royal Mail Tracked Returns service free of charge.
To use the service:
- Please make sure parcels are well wrapped so the books reach us securely. There is a maximum weight limit of 20kg per parcel and size limit of 61cm (L) by 46cm (W) by 46cm (D). If your parcel exceeds those limits please package your items separately.
- Visit the Royal Mail website to create a returns label for the University of Liverpool.
- Select the shape of your item and confirm the size and weight are below the maximum limits.
- Select Create your label for the University of Liverpool.
- You can print the returns label and attach it to your parcel. If you choose to print your labels, remember that you’ll need one for each separate package that you’re returning.
Alternatively, take your packaged item to a Post Office branch or Customer Service Point and present your email with the QR code.
You will receive proof of posting and you will not be charged for postage.
We will remove the items from your Library Account when they arrive at the library.
If you are concerned that items have not reached the Library, please contact us.