Answered By: Jane Cooke Last Updated: Apr 24, 2018 Views: 348
MWS accounts are blocked when the maximum permitted size for downloading content from online resources is exceeded. This can sometimes also happen as a result of legitimate use of the online library, such as downloading an entire book where the content type means that file size is very large. As a precaution, it is recommended that you change your MWS password.
There are workarounds to access library online resources on and off campus, if ever there is a problem with logging in:
- Remove .liverpool.idm.oclc.org from the URL (or omit the http://liverpool.idm.oclc.org/login?url= prefix, if the link is constructed that way.
- You may have to do this more than once, as many of our systems are designed to insert this phrase into the URL
- Search (e.g. via Google) online for the resource you want and access it directly from the search.
- Log into Apps Anywhere
- Launch Internet Explorer or Firefox from the Web folder
- Follow the advice above as for on-campus students