Answered By: Elizabeth Gillespie Last Updated: Jun 07, 2018 Views: 288
DISCOVER includes content from as many sources of information as possible, including:
- The University of Liverpool Library Catalogue
- Printed books from the University's Special Collections and Archives
- Publisher-Provided Searching Files. This is content supplied by major publishers and includes journals, books, proceedings and more. Publishers include:
- Taylor & Francis
- Nature Publishing
- and thousands of others
- EBSCO’s premier aggregated databases: Academic Search Complete (title list available) and Business Source Complete (title list available).
- Over 300 Partner Databases, that give permission to include their metadata in DISCOVER. Examples include:
- and many others
- Subject Indexes, for example:
- America: History & Life
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
- MLA International Bibliography
- and more
Access to the full text of content found through DISCOVER depends on the University owning (via subscription or purchase) that title, or a resource containing that title.
A basic DISCOVER search is limited to items held at Liverpool. Expand searches to find content more widely by deselecting 'available @ Liverpool' that appears under ‘Limiters’ on the left hand side of the screen when viewing results.
Our subject Library Guides list the range of databases that we have for each subject.