Answered By: Elizabeth Gillespie Last Updated: Nov 09, 2018 Views: 344
DISCOVER includes content from as many sources of information as possible, including:
- The University of Liverpool Library Catalogue
- Printed books from the University's Special Collections and Archives
- The University of Liverpool Institutional Repository (theses and research outputs of University of Liverpool researchers).
- Publisher-Provided Searching Files. This is content supplied by major publishers and includes journals, books, proceedings and more. Publishers include:
- Taylor & Francis
- Nature Publishing
- and thousands of others
- EBSCO’s premier aggregated databases: Academic Search Complete (title list available) and Business Source Complete (title list available).
- Over 300 Partner Databases, that give permission to include their metadata in DISCOVER. Examples include:
- and many others
- Subject Indexes, for example:
- America: History & Life
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
- MLA International Bibliography
- and more
Access to the full text of content found through DISCOVER depends on the University owning (via subscription or purchase) that title, or a resource containing that title.
A basic DISCOVER search is limited to items held at Liverpool. Expand searches to find content more widely by deselecting 'Library Collections' that appears under ‘Limiters’ on the left hand side of the screen when viewing results.
Our subject library guides list the range of databases that we have for each subject.