Answered By: Robert Cole
Last Updated: Feb 20, 2018     Views: 751

If you have lost or damaged a library book issued on your library record you should contact the Library using one of the Contact Us options, to discuss paying for a replacement copy. For damaged books, please bring the book to a member of staff at the help desk and they can assess whether or not you will need to pay for a replacement copy. There are two options: 

  1. You can ask staff for the replacement cost of the book and pay it immediately.
  2. You can wait to receive an emailed invoice for the replacement cost. Please note that if you do not respond to this email you will then receive a paper invoice by post, at which point a non-refundable £10 administrative cost will be added to the bill, and your access to the library may be restricted before the invoice stage is reached.

It is no longer possible for you to purchase a replacement copy yourself for lost items. There were too many instances of wrong editions or otherwise inappropriate copies being provided, which we had to reject and request another replacement.

Comments (0)

Related Questions