Answered By: Robert Cole Last Updated: Jul 22, 2015 Views: 946
The Sydney Jones Library opened for service in 1976. It was extended in 2007 by annexing the former University administration building, now the Abercromby Wing, and refurbishing the original building, now the Grove Wing. The project was completed in 2008.
For a detailed history of the development of the University and of the Harold Cohen and Sydney Jones libraries, see the "For Advancement of Learning. The University of liverpool 1881 - 1981" by Emeritus Professor Thomas Kelly.