Answered By: Jane Cooke
Last Updated: Jan 17, 2018     Views: 183

Yes. The University of Liverpool holds an NLA (Newspaper Licensing Agency) Licence, which allows members of University staff to make copies of cuttings from newspapers either for their own work-related use or for that of their colleagues, or to distribute them to students for educational and instructional purposes.

In short, the licence will allow the following;

  • Photocopy cuttings;
  • Distribute photocopied cuttings to other members of staff or to students;
  • Include photocopied cuttings in course-packs or hand-outs;
  • Make temporary digital versions of cuttings (i.e. scan them);
  • Provide hyperlinks to other members of staff or to students which will direct them to temporary digital cuttings (e.g. so that each recipient may print out a copy);
  • Include temporary digital cuttings in PowerPoint slides and display them to other members of staff or to students.

Comments (0)

Related Questions