Answered By: Jane Cooke Last Updated: Jan 07, 2020 Views: 30
This year the Library is partnering with BibliU, a digital eTextbook provider, to provide students on selected modules with access to digital copies of key titles. This means students will have access to an eBook version of the book via the Library catalogue or the BibliU app which can be accessed at anytime, anywhere, from any device.
The BibliU project offers several exciting features and benefits to both students and academic teaching staff.
Accessing your key texts via BibliU has some key benefits including:
- Personal access to your essential reading from Day 1
- Able to read anytime, anywhere
- Ability to use a suite of advanced personal learning tools to enhance their reading and learning.
- Read the textbook offline by downloading the free BibliU app, for all devices.
- Go directly to specific pages or chapters
- Search for key words and terms
- Bookmark pages of interest
- Select important passages of the textbook and make notes and highlights in colours you like
- Use their eBook in class to show diagrams and sections of the book
- Bookmark and highlight pages in advance of teaching
- Copy and paste excerpts onto lecture slides carrying the correct reference
- Real time access to learner analytics dashboards for your module offering insights into:
- Reading habits
- How, when and which content is being used
- Pages and chapters being viewed
- Time spent reading
BibliU have created several short videos to guide you in how to access and use your e-textbook:
Throughout the pilot the Library and BibliU will be working together to support both students and teaching staff. BibliU have several guides and instructional videos that you can look at. If you have any questions or experience any technical difficulties then please contact your Liaison Librarian or get in touch with email BibliU.
For more detailed information about BibliU and accessibility please visit their online support page.