Answered By: Nadia Woods Last Updated: Sep 20, 2022 Views: 29
DISCOVER and the Library Catalogue have been replaced by Library Search. We're busy updating all of our links, but in the meantime, please use Library Search when searching for resources or managing your Library Account.
Adding digitised chapters and articles to your reading list has advantages for you and your students:
- Many students can access the material simultaneously.
- Digitisations are embedded in the reading list – easy for students to find and view and easy for you to annotate.
- Copyright compliance is checked automatically so you can be sure that you have adhered to Copyright Licensing Agency (CLA) conditions.
- You can replace digitised materials in Canvas by adding them to your reading list.
- Library staff will scan materials for you in high quality, increasing user engagement and saving you time.
- Alternatively, you can upload your own PDFs to your reading list if you have them already. PDFs will be checked by the library for CLA compliance and only good quality scans will be accepted.
Request digitisation is an option from the item menu (three dots on the right-hand side).
Find an item on your list for which you want to recommend a particular chapter and click Request digitisation.
Copyright rules mean that you can only request one chapter from a book (or 10% of its total pages), so choose the chapter you want the most.
You may see a pop-up box asking you to specify an ISBN – paperback or hardback. Choose either option. Enter the details of the chapter.
Information about the chapter title and authors may be pulled through from the reading list. Please fill in both the Chapter or section name and Page range if possible.
Or you may want to specify Section of a book instead (no more than 10%) and give page numbers.
You have the option here to upload your own PDF. If doing so, tick to confirm the content.
The next screen asks you for a date when the digitisation is needed.
Please also supply student numbers if the field is blank.
Click Next step. The final screen asks for your contact details. Click Submit request.
You will receive an email update when the digitisation is complete.