Answered By: Robert Cole Last Updated: Feb 14, 2018 Views: 805
The Researcher Reading Room in the Sydney Jones Library is for use by Research Staff and Arts and Social Science Research Postgraduates. Access is by University ID card.
To use the room please apply to the Sydney Jones Library staff at the ground floor Help Desk. You will be asked to fill in a form which will be sent to Facilities Management, who will activate your card to allow access into the room. On average card activation will be within 48 hours.
- The room has study space for at least 50 people.
- There are 11 touch screen PCs, the on/off power switch is within the screen. The desks are fixed height but the chairs are fully adjustable. Each desk with a PC has an adjustable chair and light.
- There are 24 seats and desk space for laptop users. Each space has 2 network points and 2 mains sockets, and a light.
- There are 12 seats at reading tables.
- There are 3 tables with informal seating.
- In addition there is comfortable social space.
- A water fountain.
- Recycling bins.
- 18 lockers for daily or longer term use.
- Opening hours are as the library.
To request a locker, speak to a member of staff, who will issue a key to your library record. Daily use will not require a deposit but short loan fines will be incurred for late return of the key. Long term locker use requires a returnable deposit of £15.
If you have problems with access, please speak to a member of staff in the Sydney Jones Library.