Answered By: Louise Russell Last Updated: Jan 24, 2018 Views: 719
Apps Anywhere provides access to a wide range of software and to your M: drive without needing to be logged on to the Managed Windows Service (MWS) within the university. You can use Apps Anywhere on your own computer, mobile phone or tablet at any time, anywhere, to:
- Access and save files on your M: drive (and any other shared drives, such as departmental drives);
- Use Microsoft Office 2010, and specialist subject-related software, without needing to install or license it on the computer you are using;
- Run Windows software on non-Windows devices (e.g. iPhone/iPad/Mac); and
- Access course materials provided by Computing Services to help you improve your IT skills.
- Access electronic resources (through a web browser opened within Apps Anywhere) in the same way as if on campus, thereby solving some access problems.
Apps Anywhere is available either through your web browser or through a stand-alone application called Citrix Receiver. Find out how to get started with Apps Anywhere.