Answered By: (Online Librarian or covering Librarian) Online Programmes Last Updated: Dec 09, 2016 Views: 797
Please try the following solutions if you are having technical problems:
- Make sure your PC is updated to the latest version, e.g. Windows, Macintosh, Ubuntu, visit the Web site of your operating system and follow the instructions to update, or alternatively activate updates from within the operating system.
- To access Library resources you should have the most recent version of your Web browser, we recommend the latest version of Internet Explorer (for Windows), Safari (for Mac) or Firefox or Google Chrome (any platform).
- You can also reset your Web Browser to factory default settings to overcome configuration problems:
- If you are having problems using PDF documents you can remove your PDF reader from your PC, then download and install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Restart the PC and see if this has resolved your problem.
- If you are located in regions such as N/E Africa, SE Asia/ mainland China, Russian Federation, Zimbabwe, Mid East and notice unusual behaviour such as server error messages, blank screen etc. when logging into e-resources, then you may need to use one of our VPN options to access our network - see below.
Using VPN Options to Access Library/ E-Resources
If the above solutions do not solve your technical problem you can also log into the Library using the virtual private network (VPN) service, which provides virtual access as if you were on-campus. Note that it is necessary to register for the new Global Protect Client; the old Cisco VPN client is being retired in March 2017. See the Computing Services Department web pages on VPN for further information.
Please notify your librarian if you have ongoing problems accessing the Library's e-resources. Also see our guide on accessing the Library via a virtual desktop
IT Support for Technical Problems
You can also call our 24/7 IT support line to troubleshoot your technical problem: +44 (0)151 794 4567.
Support for online students:
We provide a dedicated E-Learning Librarian to assist you in using Library resources. If you have any problems using the Library or technical problems, please see the Contacts area of the Library for Online Programmes. Also see our guides, videos, tutorials and Library Training Module available via the Library for Online Programmes.